About Our Division
Capital and Space Planning (CSP) is a department within Campus Planning, Facilities and Saftey (CPFS) that is responsible for advising and assisting the Chancellor and Provost with the planning, oversight, and allocation of future and existing capital improvements on the UC Davis Campus.
CSP is comprised of two units (Capital Program Management and Space Resource Management) each managing various aspects of the capital program.
CSP emphasizes good stewardship and resource efficiency for all physical, environmental, and capital investments. CSP is guided by the following objectives as outlined in the UC Davis Ten-Year Capital Financial Plan:
- Provide facilities that appropriately support of the learning, discovery and engagement mission of UC Davis;
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of providing facilities in new buildings versus renovated space; renew and restore obsolete buildings that can be cost-effectively renovated to meet new program needs; demolish those buildings that cannot be cost-effectively renovated;
- Invest in necessary expansion and renewal of campus infrastructure systems to ensure that such systems appropriately support the academic mission;
- Design and construct capital projects employing the best available and cost-effective energy efficiency technologies and develop renewable energy sources to lower the campus’s carbon footprint;
- Seek new funding sources to augment limited state and campus resources in support of the capital program.